Neuroscience: The mechanics of mind (Sep 2015) – NATURE book review of Brain: The Story of You by David Eagleman.
- Consciousness: Watching your mind in action (May 2013) – my NEW SCIENTIST feature on consciousness and the brain, as part of their special issue on consciousness (also see the related article Consciousness: Why aren’t we all zombies? which discusses my views on the evolution of consciousness)
- Raising level of consciousness about the brain (October 2012) – CAMBRIDGE NEWS feature/interview with me about my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- The ultimate meaning of life lies in our neurons (October 2012) – EL CONFIDENCIAL Q and A with me (in Spanish) about my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- Our Patterns, Ourselves (October 2012) – CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION feature/review/Q and A with me (subscription required) by David Westcott about my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- Excerpt from The Ravenous Brain (September 2012) – BOING BOING abridged excerpt of the introduction to my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- Why Solving Puzzles Is Fun (September 2012) TIME website Q and A with me about my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- The Mind Puzzle (September 2012) – US NEWS Q and A with me about my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- When do we become truly conscious? (September 2012) – SLATE magazine article on how consciousness science impacts on key ethical questions, such as abortion and animal rights.
- Touring the brain (September 2012) – SALON magazine excerpt from chapter 3 of my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- It’s just a gut instinct, but Blink got it wrong (September 2012) – WIRED UK Magazine article about the limits and perils of unconscious learning and decisions.
- Consciousness: The Currency of Life (August 2012) – HUFFINGTON POST article, an abridged excerpt of the introduction to my book, The Ravenous Brain.
- The Case of Neuroimaging (May 2012) – THE PSYCHOLOGIST magazine article, as part of an opinion special issue, to explain the particular problem of replication in neuroimaging, and what can be done about it. Also see my blog post on weak neuroimaging papers and its comments stream.
- The Mechanics of Mind Reading (July 2010) – SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MIND feature article about new brain scanning techniques that are revolutionising neuroscience: [NB you need subscription to see it, but a shortened earlier version of the article is available on their blog here]
- I also have a blog on PSYCHOLOGY TODAY, called Pyramids of Meaning.
Here are two semi-academic articles in CURRENT BIOLOGY you might also be interested in:
- Cognitive Training: Neural Correlates of Expert Skills
- Working memory: Linking Capacity with Selectivity